Optical Illusions Etc...
Feed Button
Description Presented here is a vast gallery of many different forms of Optical Illusions. Whether these optical illusions are conveyed through fractals, photographs, architecture, art, or old fashioned pen and ink, they are bound to remind you that "seeing is not believing."

Caution!!!! Some of the optical illusions on this blog may cause dizziness or possibly epileptic seizures. The latter happens when the brain can't handle the conflicting information from your two eyes. If you start feeling unwell when using this website, immediately cover one eye with your hand and then leave the page. Do not close your eyes because that can make the attack worse.
Fractal of the Day Fractal of the Day
Provided By Sprott's Fractal Gallery

Friday

Verbal Illusions

Below are 4 annoying questions, at least I consider them annoying because I fell into every trap! These are from an E-mail message that's making the rounds, so you may have seen them before.

Answer the questions instantly. You can't take your time. It's fun.

No pencil or paper! OK? Ready? ... GO!!!

FIRST QUESTION: You are participating in a race. You overtake the second person. What position are you in?

ANSWER

To answer the second question, don't take as much time as you took for the first question. (You know you took too much time.)


SECOND QUESTION:
If you overtake the last person, then you are...?

ANSWER


THIRD QUESTION: Very tricky math! Note This must be done in your head only. Do NOT use paper and pencil or a calculator. Try it.

Take 1000 and add 40 to it.

Now add another 1000.

Now add 30.

Add another 1000.

Now add 20.

Now add another 1000.

Now add 10.

What is the total?

ANSWER


LAST QUESTION: Mary's father has five daughters Nana, Nene, Nini, Nono. What is the name of the fifth daughter?

ANSWER







12 comments:

Anonymous said...

tricky...

Anonymous said...

lol I got the math one right!

the last made me feel really dumb...

Anonymous said...

90+10 does not = 1000 it equals 100!

Anonymous said...

I got the 1st one wrong, 2nd right, 3rd one wrong, and the 4th one made me go "Oh... uggh... I am SOOO dumb..."

Anonymous said...

hello that was SO totally easy! I got all of them right except the math one, but that's only because i suck at math (lol) they are so sinch!

Anonymous said...

the only one i got was the last one! I feel stupid!!

Anonymous said...

I feel so stupid!!!!!!!!!!!!I admit that I suck at math but at least I got the last one right.

Anonymous said...

Got them all right. Too easy!

Anonymous said...

waaaaaaay too easy!! I got them all right. I don't see how you can get the math one wrong.

Anonymous said...

I GOT ALL BUT THE FRST ONE RIGHT

Trishul said...

I tried the first two.
In both cases you'd still be first.
In first case, you would lap the person in second position so that he is 1 lap down.
In second case too, the last person is lapped and he is one lap down behind the leader.

An avid F1 fan...3shul

Unknown said...

I got everything right exept the maths. I am good at maths so I felt reall DUMB.



Copyright Notice
The documents distributed here have been presented on this blog in the spirit of providing an entertaining venue to educate those interested in optical illusions.

All Flckr.com photos are presented here via Flckr's "blog this" feature. This feature is enabled by each artist on Flckr. If you find material here that belongs to you and you would like to have it removed or credited please contact me and I will gladly follow your wishes.

Copyright and all rights therein are maintained by the authors or by other copyright holders. It is understood that all persons copying this information will adhere to the terms and constraints invoked by each author's copyright. These works may not be reposted without the explicit permission of the copyright holder.