Optical Illusions Etc...
Feed Button
Description Presented here is a vast gallery of many different forms of Optical Illusions. Whether these optical illusions are conveyed through fractals, photographs, architecture, art, or old fashioned pen and ink, they are bound to remind you that "seeing is not believing."

Caution!!!! Some of the optical illusions on this blog may cause dizziness or possibly epileptic seizures. The latter happens when the brain can't handle the conflicting information from your two eyes. If you start feeling unwell when using this website, immediately cover one eye with your hand and then leave the page. Do not close your eyes because that can make the attack worse.
Fractal of the Day Fractal of the Day
Provided By Sprott's Fractal Gallery

Sunday

Optical Illusions in the Clouds

I believe that we have all looked up at the clouds at some point in our lives and seen images in the clouds. Some are clear as a bell, anyone could see the same thing you saw, or at least that is what you thought at the time. Since the clouds constantly change you usually don't have time to grab someone and drag them outside to see your Picasso in the sky.

Sometimes you are lucky and you are walking with a friend and point out the image that your creative eye caught only to be told that you are missing the big picture and if you look closer you'll see what your mate has cleverly detected.

With this phenomenon in mind I started searching the web for an appropriate picture that I could share here. I came across this photo on Talking to Spirit. I think this is a great photo to illustrate my point so I asked Pauline if I could use this image here.

Bears in the clouds optical illusions image

Clouds in Oakland, CA
© 2004 Pauline Evanosky
Used w/permission


What do you see in this image?

I see three teddy bears and one is a baby hanging on the back of its father. (I actually see five bears but three are prominent.)

Well friend here is your chance to point out the big picture that I may have been missing.







27 comments:

Walt said...

Hint: The baby bear is roughly dead center in the picture and looks similar to a Koala bear.

Anonymous said...

Where I presume you see the baby bear...

...I see a boxer wearing swimming goggles and a skin cap.

/but that's just me

Anonymous said...

i dont see anything... just a cloud

Anonymous said...

i cant make anything out either

Anonymous said...

i cant see anything either

Walt said...

That's the whole point of clouds, people see what they want to, with only their imagination to limit them.

Anonymous said...

I see Abraham Lincoln. If you mentally divide the picture into 4 quadrants, 2 on top and two on bottom, numbered 1 through 4 starting in the upper left, Abe appears in the lower right corner of quadrant 1, and he is facing left. His hair and beard are prominent.

:)

Patrick

Walt said...

Patrick,

Excellent, Abraham Lincoln is indeed in the clouds. Good find. I'm glad someone else has an imagination and is in the spirit.

Walt

Anonymous said...

THIS IS GREAT I SEE THE BEARS HAVE TO GO BACK AND FIND AB NEAT!

Anonymous said...

I saw an elephant. It's at the top right corner. Hm, wonder if anyone else saw that.

JR Gamble said...

I see a dark figure shrouded in white'sh mist, only the head is visible at the top.. maybe a little teddy bear to the bottom right about to be stepped on.

Anonymous said...

i see a huskie

Anonymous said...

maybe I'll see it once i have a couple of cocktails.

Anonymous said...

I see a pigs head and that is pretty much the whole picture.

Anonymous said...

I see King Kong squatting. His left hand is raised to his face.

Anonymous said...

I saw one bear down the bottom, well just is head looking up.. Then i kept looking and saw a naked woman lying on her back top right. Worried this may say something about my physcological profile i decided not to look for anything else..

Anonymous said...

i see an eagle or vampire holding a devils torch

Ismael Cavazos said...

I see the bears!

Excellent example of Abstract Extractionism !

Check out my art:

Scribblism dot com

Anonymous said...

I saw the elephant and a baby in the middle, but no bears.

Anonymous said...

i see nothing
how do you see it

Anonymous said...

wait....
now i see someone jumping forward

Anonymous said...

i see a bears head and he has a crown

Anonymous said...

oh yea and a gorrilla yelling and going up in the bottum left corner

Anonymous said...

I see a dog watching over "Goofy"

Anonymous said...

i saw a bear immediately --roaring, dead center. i also saw the naked woman lying on her back, with her legs spread, no less, in the top right. and i agree..it made me worry about my psyche! funny how that works. :P
also saw abe..great find!

Anonymous said...

I can see a rabbit riding on the back of a walrus right in the centre. Sometimes the rabbit's head seems to change direction. Wow, cool. I guess I have an 'origianal' imagination. Great picture, thanks for putting it up =]

Nick Olivarez.... said...

i see an angel bending down spreading his wings. a little left from the center is his head looking down....his shoulders down and his wings are spreading open...its big so dont look for small stuff...also i see a shadow person on the right...;p



Copyright Notice
The documents distributed here have been presented on this blog in the spirit of providing an entertaining venue to educate those interested in optical illusions.

All Flckr.com photos are presented here via Flckr's "blog this" feature. This feature is enabled by each artist on Flckr. If you find material here that belongs to you and you would like to have it removed or credited please contact me and I will gladly follow your wishes.

Copyright and all rights therein are maintained by the authors or by other copyright holders. It is understood that all persons copying this information will adhere to the terms and constraints invoked by each author's copyright. These works may not be reposted without the explicit permission of the copyright holder.